Latest version: Build 9 (10/15/2018)
To upgrade an existing install, exit Seedi and then copy the new files into your existing folder, overwriting the old files.
Known issues / Release notes list
- Download Seedi zip file^ to your PC
- Install DokanSetup_redist.exe (https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/releases/download/v22.214.171.1240/DokanSetup_redist.exe)
- Run WinSeediForms.exe
- Go to “Emulator Options” and specify where your emulator exe files are located for each type of game OR run “Auto-Setup”
- Go to “Drive Settings” and make sure the right drive letters are selected
- See the README.txt file for more info!
- Known issues / Release notes list
What is this?
This is a result of a side project from Seedi R&D – it’s a Windows app that you can run on a PC and does a lot of the cool stuff from Seedi. It will detect a console game CD getting put into your computer and launch whatever corresponding emulator you want, and its compatible with just about all existing emulators (even if they don’t support a CD drive).
Compatible with CDs for:
- Sega Saturn
- TurboGrafx-16 CD / PC Engine CD
- Sega CD / Mega CD
- Neo Geo CD
- Amiga CD32
- Jaguar CD
- Dreamcast (CD-Rs, not original GD-ROMs)
- PS2 (CDs and DVDs detected!)
- Did we miss anything?
How to use this like a Pro
Recommended Base Unit: Ultra Small Form Factor PC with an i5 and Windows 7 or 10 (and optical disc drive)
Cost: Less than $150
HP and Dell both make some very compact systems – look for “Ultra Small Form Factor” (USFF). A system with an i5 will be fast enough to run Sega Saturn emulation at full speed!
Recommended Accessory: Retrode Cartridge Adapter!
Cost: About $65
This device plugs in via USB and has slots for SNES and Genesis, as well as controller ports! It is plug & play with Seedi.
Recommended Accessory: Wiimote Light Gun and DolphinBar
Cost: About $25
Most emulators support a mouse for a Light Gun input, and you can use a Wiimote and DolphinBar to do just that for an awesome experience!
Recommended Desktop Background: Seedi logo!